»

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What's the Big Deal?

Lawsuit: Florida Clinic Botched Abortion, Threw Out Live Baby

"Just before noon she began to feel ill. The clinic contacted Renelique (the 'doctor'). Two hours later, he still hadn't shown up. Williams went into labor and delivered the baby....one of the clinic owners, Belkis Gonzalez came in and cut the umbilical cord with scissors, then placed the baby in a plastic bag, and the bag in a trash can."


OK. So what's the problem?

Abortion is legal in this country. I do not agree with that, but it is.

The woman,
Sycloria Williams, went to have an abortion, at 23 weeks. I do not agree with that.

Her plans were to terminate the life growing inside of her. Instead, the life was terminated outside of her. Why is she suing?

Why is there such outrage?

The best quote from this story is this one:

"She came face to face with a human being," Pennekamp said. "And that changed everything."


Huh? Wasn't 'it' a human being before 'it' came out of her?

Was it alright to kill a human being if you can't see them?

Are you kidding me?

I think this is one of the most tragic things I have heard of in a long time. But I am sure it has happened before. I just do not understand why...
"Even those who support abortion rights are concerned about the allegations."
Maybe because this will put a spotlight on their American holocaust and show it for what it really is: Murder of innocent people.

Reality Check: All aborted babies end up in plastic bags. Plastic bags do not decompose.

AHAZ WAS twenty years old when he began his sixteen-year reign in Jerusalem. He did not do right in the sight of the Lord, like David his father [forefather]. But he walked in the ways of the kings of Israel and even made molten images for the Baals. And he burned incense in the Valley of Ben-hinnom [son of Hinnom] and burned his sons as an offering, after the abominable customs of the [heathen] nations whom the Lord drove out before the Israelites.
2 Chronicles 28:1-3 (emphasis mine)


You can read up on Hinnom at Easton's Bible Dictionary:

God wasn't happy with it then. He is not happy with it now.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm a little bit confused, and I promise I'm not trying to disagree at all because I'm not in support of abortion. But somewhere in this entry you say you don't agree with there being a law against it in a country...yet you also say that God is against it and that you too think it is wrong. Then why do you disagree with the law? I'm just looking to understant, not to argue.

John J Sweeney said...

Hello, Ashley. Welcome! It's always good to see new faces around here. Thank you so much for commenting also.

I am reading through this post and I don't see anywhere where I said I disagreed with a law against abortion. In fact, I can't see anywhere where I even mention laws against abortion. if you want to copy and paste the portion you are struggling with, I'll be happy to clarify.

Again, thanks for stopping by and we hope to see you again real soon.

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

I'm sorry. I reread it too and I misread the sentence that says, "abortion is legal in the country, and I disagree with that." I thought it said it was illegal and you disagreed.

My father is a pastor who believes strongly in the five-fold. You're blog feels very "at home" for me.