»

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Parenting Guideline # 452

Lawmaker Presses for Free Speech in Foul-mouthed Student's Blog Case.

OK.

1. This girl called her teacher a naughty word.
2. She did it on her blog, which she wrote on her own computer in her home.
3. The school found out and meted out punishment.
4. A senator proposes a bill prohibiting students from bad-mouthing teachers.

The mother says:

"...she wished her daughter "had used more sophisticated language," but said it was up to her, not the school board, to mete out the punishment. "It's for me to discipline her at home, not for the school."
My two cents:

1. The school has no jurisdiction in the home.
2. The mother's right, and shame on her if she doesn't do something about it.
3. The senator's bill should never go through.

Give me a break! You mean that every time a student curses out a teacher....? If this happened on school grounds, it would be one thing; on a school computer, alright. But really, at home? that's the parents' job. And there's certainly no bill needed! What a waste of time. Just type it up in the student handbook. That's what they always did when I was in school.

If a child even gets to this point, it's to the parents' shame.

I was playing with matches on the side of my house one day. My neighbor didn't call th epolice when he saw me. He didn't come out and give me some kind of speech. He walked over and knocked on our front door and told my parents what I was up to. I got a whoopin' and never played with matches again. Pretty simple really.

Alright here it is, and I know some of you are gonna protest. It's the Word of God.

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6 KJV

He who spares his rod [of discipline] hates his son, but he who loves him disciplines diligently and punishes him early.
Proverbs 13:24 AMP

Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.
Proverbs 22:15 KJV

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't you know? We parents are only the instruments that bring children into the world so that the government can indoctrinate them and raise them as they see fit.