»

Friday, June 19, 2009

His Glory

The proper motive for any and all of our actions should be to glorify God.

That, I guess is part of the reason why I stopped blogging. I was blogging about things that really had no eternal value to Him. And I grew weary of it fast.

... whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31b

His glory is the reason why God himself did what He did:
Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of thy name: and deliver us, and purge away our sins, for thy name's sake.
Psalms 79:9

He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.
John 7:18

What are your pursuits? What are your goals? What are your dreams?

Do they have the right motive? Is your motive to glorify God?

If not, check your heart.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad it didn't work out for you. People I know have a lot of reasons for writing blogs--keeping family members abreast of what's going on, sharing thoughts and ideas, trying to inform others of political malfeasance, etc. Kind of like Facebook--but without all the games. It was kind of fun seeing what you guys were up to.

John J Sweeney said...

OH. I'm not saying I am done. I am just re-evaluating it all and setting the focus. You know with my genes, I have plenty to say!

Tiffany said...

Wow, that really made me think...whatever we do, do it for the glory of God