»

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

2e

Will a man rob or defraud God? Yet you rob and defraud Me. But you say, In what way do we rob or defraud You? [You have withheld your] tithes and offerings. You are cursed with the curse, for you are robbing Me, even this whole nation. [Lev. 26:14-17.] Bring all the tithes (the whole tenth of your income) into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and prove Me now by it, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. [Mal. 2:2.] And I will rebuke the devourer [insects and plagues] for your sakes and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground, neither shall your vine drop its fruit before the time in the field, says the Lord of hosts. And all nations shall call you happy and blessed, for you shall be a land of delight, says the Lord of hosts.


Malachi 3:8-12 AMP

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
John J Sweeney said...

A man by the name of Russell Earl Kelly made a comment on this post that I have deleted

"Russell Earl Kelly said..."

...a whole lot of nothin'.

He claims to have "the correct teaching of biblical giving and tithing" and then gives a deceptively more than a 15 point argument on the subject. I have deleted the full argument. I do not agree with it at all. I am sure you can find it on his website if you choose.

I have heard these arguments before.

They are not worth posting here (or anywhere really). Apparently, Mr Kelly has a book available on his website that he linked. I have preserved that link below. If you want to hear his baloney, feel free to give HIM your money instead of some other more righteous purchase.

My experience with tithing is greater than any argument Mr Kelly can offer. A man with experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Besides, if Mr Kelly had researched '2E' the way it appears he has researched his own topic, he would have seen that it is simply a 'not-so-daily' bible verse and no attempt to provide any teaching whatsoever. Yet, because of his increased lack of knowledge, it appears that Mr Kelly is actually objecting to the scripture on its own merits. Sad, truly sad.

Our prayer is that Mr Kelly's relationship with God involve both Jesus Christ AND the Holy Spirit because the Holy Spirit will teach Mr Kelly all things.

Mr Kelly also provided his email. I have not listed it below. My guess is that you can find it on his website. I do not suggest contacting him unless you enjoy encountering what I have discerned as an argumentative spirit.

www.tithing-russkelly.com