»

Friday, March 28, 2008

100% POWER USAGE

Php 3:10 - 15

That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

When I was little, I remember seeing the super-heros and the like, wishing that I could be like them with their powers. If only I could fly, walk through walls, have x-ray vision, super-human strength. If only there was some greatness that set me apart. If only I could be recognized for that greatness. If only I was feared!

That was one extreme of the little boy's dreams.

The other extreme was what I knew to be 'true'. I never would amount to any of that. I never would be able to fly. I never would be able to walk through walls, etc. I never would be admired for any of those things and certainly NEVER feared. In fact, with my upbringing, I never would amount to much of anything according to some around me. I was told I was useless; powerless and worthless.

Then came Jesus.


Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

So, for some time now, I have had this power. Only recently have I been made aware of its true potential and possibilities. The potential to heal the sick; see the lame walk; open deaf ears; call forth wealth; open blind eyes. The possibility of actually BEING victorious. I don't need to fly or walk through walls; I can go places in the Spirit. I don't need to have x-ray vision; I can see in the Spirit. Super-Human strength is unneccessary when you have Holy Ghost Power. Now there IS a greatness that sets me apart. Now, it is God who recognizes me. Now, I am feared! - By the devil!

So what about the other power?

What other power?

That which was instilled in me when I was young. The power to fail. This is where the next scripture comes in.


Mat 25:21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

I know that this scripture is referring to money. (And if you think it's not, you're plain wrong). However, it seems to me that we can learn a lot from scripture regarding the character of God. And in this verse we see the character of God regarding our level of trust with Him. I believe that He is the same with the power of the Spirit. And since a man with experience is never at the mercy of a man with a theory, let me share with you my experience. I have been given opportunities lately to use this 'new' power in my own life. There are times when I seize the opportunity and times I don't. I am working toward a 100% power usage life, because it works. When I have pain and lay my hands on ME, I get healed. When I need something to happen, I call it forth and it manifests. So why don't I do this 100% of the time? It's that other part. There are times when I think it WON'T work, because that's what "they" always said. Well, the devil IS a liar; 100% power usage is my destiny and he can not stop it or ME!
So here we go! What a ride it will be!
Blessings!
Pastor John
Check the site!
rffeaston.org

0 comments: